Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chalea (Insert Cool Nickname Here)

My name is Chalea, and this is my blog. I am 27 years old and I feel 40. I was married at 18, had my first baby at 20, second at 21, and third at 23. My husband is 33, my shoe size is 9, my pant size is 6.......hahahahaha!!!! Sorry, couldn't lie like that with a straight face. Anyway, enough with the numbers. I was born in Oklahoma City and was raised all over Oklahoma. I've lived in Bethany, Tulsa, Moore, and spent several years in a tiny podunk community called Sam's Point, 4 miles away from the nearest gas station located in Canadian, which was another 30 minutes away from the closest WalMart in McAlester. Yeehaw. I moved to Texas at the age of 13. It became just Mom and I shortly after that, and then we found the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, thanks to a couple of missionaries and Mom wanting to get me a free Bible. (That's a cool story, I'll have to share it sometime if you haven't already heard it.) Anyway, that church saved our lives. I now teach the 11 and 12 year old girls in Primary and love having this gospel in my life. I am grateful to be sealed for all eternity in the Temple with a wonderful returned missionary husband. I am thankful to have an eternal family and a Heavenly Father who loves me beyond measure. Thanks, Mom, for the free Bible...best gift I ever recieved! Other than God, I also love spending time with my family, traveling, eating, shopping, Girl's nights, roller coasters, dressing up, Twilight, Harry Potter, reading, Interpreting ASL, playing games, and going out to eat with my husband. I have an A.A.S. degree in Interpreting for the Deaf and have been interpreting professionally for about 5 years now. I enjoy my job and love my life. I feel very blessed!


Brian (The Brain)
Brian is the best husband and father in the world. No, really, he is.....just ask him! OK, well, I think he's pretty great! Brian was born in Washington, raised in Utah, served his mission in California, and was living in Texas when I met him nearly 9 years ago. Brian comes from a large family with 7 brothers and sisters. He was born and raised LDS and was a very good kid who rarely got into trouble. After his mission he went to ATI to study Graphic Design. We met at church in August, 2001. Two weeks later we went on our first date. We got engaged on September 11, 2001. We were sealed in the Dallas Texas Temple on January 26, 2002.
We have now been married for over 8 years and are happy as can be! Brian went back to school for two years, took a break, and is now going back again in the Fall. He hopes to get his B.A. in Graphic Design from UNT eventually. Brian's greatest dream would be to work for Disney. He is an artist who can paint, draw, and cartoon as well as do computer art. Brian enjoys playing video games with his kids, playing basketball, traveling, watching "man"shows on TV, and lamenting the fact that his wife loves to go shopping and is always buying yet another pair
of shoes.
Nathaniel (Little Professor)
Our first child, Nathaniel, was born on April 10, 2003. He's always acted and developed a little differently than other kids his age, but we just figured he was quirky and very smart. Last year his Neurologist decided to attribute some of his strange habits to Tourette's Syndrome mixed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. This year, that diagnosis has been changed to what we've always suspected: a high-functioning form of Autism called Asperger's. We do not believe his condition was in any way caused by his vaccinations, but something the Lord chose to allow him to learn from and overcome the challenges of. Nathaniel is very soft hearted and sweet. He is brilliant and is a member of Mensa. He loves to read books, especially Harry Potter. He also loves math, and enjoys practicing multiplication. He likes playing Mario, computer games, and practicing the piano, which he currently has lessons for weekly. Nathaniel has a very hard time interacting with others socially but enjoys the company of a few close friends and cousins. He loves doing art, learning about science, writing, drawing, and talking incessantly. Like his Mom.


Gabriel (Bulldozer)

Our middle child is Gabriel, and he acts the part to the fullest! He was born June 3, 2004. He is the epitomy of "all boy", running, climbing, throwing, and breaking stuff whenever he has the chance. Gabriel was diagnosed this year with ADHD, and putting him on medication was the best decision we could have made for him as parents. Since he started his meds, his reading level has gone up more than one whole grade level, his behavior and attention span has improved, and he is happier and has more confidence. Gabriel has a great sense of humor and a soft heart. When he's not in time-out, he loves playing Nintendo and computer games, going to karate class, playing soccer, swimming, jumping on the trampoline, playing board games, arguing with his brother, and eating while leaning back in his chair so that half the food drips onto his clothes.
Erikah (Tweety Bird)
Our youngest child, Erikah, was born September 15, 2006. She has had nearly 20 hospital admittances as well as 6 surgeries and countless ER visits. She has lived through a liver transplant at the age of 9 months, a week in ICU with double pneumonia and septic shock, Giardia, H1N1, as well as numerous other illnesses. She has beaten all odds, however, and continues to bless our lives continually with her laughter, spunky spirit, and wisdom beyond her years. Erikah loves Care Bears, play dough, Spongebob, dancing, and watching anything on Noggin. She also enjoys eating candy, singing, going to her pre-K class, playing with her cousin Kenny, playing outside, getting into whatever her brothers are doing and running to her Dedushka whenever Mommy tells her "No".

2 comments:

  1. It's about time....now you have now excuses about writing all the antics of your family!!! Great start....Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite part of the whole thing is, "When he's not in time out..."

    ReplyDelete